The DeSoto Parish Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Division recently wrapped up an investigation that led to the arrest of Jessica L. Rials of Grand Cane (33yo White Female.) During the course of this investigation, narcotics agents were able to locate 41 Fentanyl pills, 170 units of Fentanyl, 3.1 grams of Black Tar Heroin, 31 grams of Brown Heroin, and 1.34 pounds of Marijuana. The amount of fentanyl retrieved could have led to several hundred lethal doses resulting in death.
Thus far, DeSoto Parish has been fortunate in relation to the Fentanyl problems we have seen in other parts of our nation. As with time, we know that some will try. Sheriff Richardson has dedicated our finest to stopping these dangerous drugs from being distributed into our streets. Although some investigations can take time and can be very complex, we anticipate several other arrests in the coming days in relation to this case and others. We are grateful to those who worked hard on this case and others to ensure the safety of our DeSoto Parish families.
Jessica L. Rials was booked into the DeSoto Detention Center, and charged with the following:
– 2 charges of Possession of Schedule I with Intent to Distribute which includes Fentanyl, Black Tar Heroin, Brown Heroin, and Marijuana
– 2 charges of Possession of Schedule II with Intent to Distribute which includes Meth and Oxycodone
– Possession of Schedule II
– Distribution of Schedule II
– Possession of Schedule III (Suboxone)
– Distribution of Schedule IV (Xanax)
– Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
– Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
– Possession of a Firearm in the Presence of a Controlled Dangerous Substance (CDS)
– Illegal Use of a Controlled Dangerous Substance in the Presence of a person under the age of 17.